03 October, 2008

What's going on, What's going on?

So, it looks like this is becoming a once a monthly blog now.

Update: We are currently about three weeks out from knowing if Greg will be medically retired or just medically released from the Air Force. We really want to be retired. Greg's re-enlistment date as come and past (Sept - 29), we have been given a three month extension on our IDs and medical coverage. Greg is currently looking to line up work for when he is retired/released.

I have been trying to de-clutter the house (this is a really hard job for me!). I can now officially get rid of all little baby toys, but they are so cute... This is my problem with everything. What if I need it one day? I admire the home-maker who's house is in order with only a drawer/room of clutter.

I have been working on my kids to understand that if they bring something out, they need to put it away, in the designated spot so they can find it the next time. I had baskets for gathering, thinking that would make it easier on cleaning up time, but they ended up being for their storage. They seldom put things back where they are supposed to, and then I get the never ending question, "mom, where is ____"? To which my reply, "I don't really know, I didn't play with it, maybe if you would have put it away where it is supposed to go you'd be able to find it now". I feel like a broken record! I think this must be a never ending job, like dishes, laundry, and cleaning.

Funny how we find ourselves saying the very same thing our parents did when we were growing up.

That's it for now, "LIFE," maybe I'll come up with something fun to post soon.

2 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU UP DATED US ON YOUR LIFES. I'm fall cleaning too. I will keep my toys to myself and not tempt you.

Porters said...

Your toys would be worth making room for!