03 October, 2008

One of every color

While getting my military ID extended a lady next to me wanted to chat.

Lady: "You have one of every color, don't you"?

Me: "Yes, I do, and they all have the same father"!

Lady: "I think you are one of the first people to talk back to me, most people ignore me".

Me: "I know, Vegas is a difficult town for making friends. What made me more approachable"?

Lady: "Well, you don't have your arms folded in front of your body for one thing".

Me: "So, if I did this," folding my arms, " you wouldn't have talked to me"?

Lady: "Yes, it's all in the body language".

She was so approachable my red head came up and pointed to her arm where she had a tattoo of a cartoon like bunny.

Red: "What's that"?

Lady: "That is dumb, dumb, dumb. Can you say that"?

I love that there are people who are fine with themselves and can make fun of the silly choices they've made in life. She said she got the tattoo when she was 14-15 and hid it from her mom for 3 years, just making sure to put a sweater on every time her mom came around. Once her mom saw it she told her that one day she would be a grandma and her bunny would sag with her skin and she could make it hop. She is still trying to get the bunny to hop. Her skin was not yet sagging though, maybe in a few years.

She was a very nice lady and helped the hour and a half wait time to go by pleasantly. She had two "Kyle Bush" m&m bracelets she had made for some other little girls, who had since gone, that she gave the girls to play with. Later she ended up giving it to the 'one of every color' girls.


4 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

looks like you had the same bag idea I had. We are staying up too late blinging these things out. While the cat's away . . .

Cristy said...

Too funny, your girls are so cute! I love that they all are different. We sure miss you!

Blayne and Aerin Yates said...

Blayne and I are convinced your little Elizabeth and our Maddy should be twins. I swear they look almost exactly alike except Maddy has blonde hair.

Porters said...

Aerin, I'd have to agree. Your little Maddy is such a cutie, and such a ham!