29 July, 2008

Never a good sign

We were on our way out to grab some lunch with a friend when the kids came back in to tell me Kaitlynn was standing in some warm water. I immediately thought she had pee'd her pants and was getting ready to change her clothes so we could get on our way. It wasn't pee, and it was HOT water.

Yep, that's the Fire & Water Cleanup and Restoration truck! Nope, no fire, just a busted water heater (I guess it's time, ours is about 12 years old if put in when the house was built). Time or not it wasn't convenient for us, but is any disaster? So, we are seriously thinking it is time to get one of those home warranty programs. We've already replaced the dishwasher, now the water heater. With our luck the next thing to go is the A/C, which would not be a pretty thing for me and the kids here in HOT Vegas! Does anyone know of a good company they could recommend?
It did some water damage (could only have been leaking for about 2-3 hours). But, we will have a new water heater that we can add to the great new amenities of our house when we sell. Plus, if I have it my way, a home warranty to sweeten the deal.

6 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

At least it is a done deal. There is not week long process of calling here and there. When you list (if you list) the realitor usually has a company they go with and it also covers you the seller if something should happen.

Porters said...

Oh, but it gets better...they can't fix the wall or stand for another week. We need hot water NOW!

The land of Vegas said...

O.k Delvonna. Get cracking. Your blog is the oldest of the line up I have. You better update or I'm going to think you don't have anything interesting to say and therefore (I kind of like that word) don't have anything interesting to say when we hang out.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I confirm. I join told all above. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

Anonymous said...

It agree, rather useful message