04 June, 2009

On the road

First day on our three day road trip to Florida, we are doing well!

I think I have found the trick (for my kids at least) to end the endless, every fifteen minute question, you know the ONE...
Are we there yet??

I gave the older three children five raffle tickets each. That is the allowable limit of times they can ask it today. If they ask the question in ANY form I take a ticket. Once we bed down for the night the more tickets they have left the better the prize! So far only one ticket has been taken! We are at the end of the day.

I also put together a map where they can look to see where we are at any given time. This seems to help them grasp how long it will really take.

All in all a good travel day.

5 comments:

Candace said...

That is a brilliant idea! Too bad we weren't in contact oh about 7 years ago. lol

highdeekay said...

Awesome idea! So, does your path take you through Alabama????? It should! Let me know if you need a place to stay on the last night before FL.

Ingrid said...

You are a genius. I love the raffle ticket idea, and might just steal it on our next road trip. I am going to miss seeing you these next few weeks. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Blissful & Domestic said...

what a cute idea I am so doing that our next trip

Laura Z said...

Love the ticket idea - I'm totally stealing it! Hope your trip is wonderful!