19 June, 2009

Not his first fish!

Joe's paternal grandfather (Paw Paw Porter) wanted to teach Joe to fish, and they have been out fishing twice this week with Joe's "straight A" fishing pole awarded from said grandfather. This picture is NOT his first fish, which Joe is emphatic about telling everyone. However it is the first fish I got to see. Apparently his first fish was given to someone else at the fishing spot, and the second was legally too small and was released to grow a little more to be caught another day by someone other than Joe.

Not a bad catch!

8 comments:

Candace said...

Congratulations little fisher man!

Anonymous said...

good going, Joe!!

G-Ma Fisk

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joe!

I'll share a little secret with you; my Dad (your great grandfather was a natural born fisherman. He taught me how to fish. Your Dad use to call him "Pop". His real name was Albert Vann Williams; his friends just called him "Al". He even taught your dad how to fish.

Are you having fun at the beach? Wouldn't it be great to live there? Florida is where I grew up and bot did I love the beaches. My most favorite beach is Long Boat Key.

Have fun for me while you are there and catch lots more fish.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

Blissful & Domestic said...

go joe!

Laura Z said...

Way to go Joe!

The land of Vegas said...

I don't know. I think when you get back to reality in a couple weeks you are going to go into culture shock.

Blissful & Domestic said...

you are never alone miss Delvona! :> You are always such an inspiration to me. and always give me strength on Sundays whether you know your are or not. Seeing you there with your four always cheers me up when I feel my two are becoming hard to handle and I think that is how it should be as sisters in the gospel we should strengthen one another and any time I can give you a good laugh on my blog is awesome!

Blissful & Domestic said...

thank you so much for the stroller I can't wait to use it on Monday to walk tot he park by our house.... the kids are really excited! oh and do you want to get the kids together sometime next week to play?