18 June, 2009

In Paradise





Yep, we found some great shark's teeth!


Just try telling her "no"


Catching a wave!!




??!!?? *

We've been having a great time here at Amelia Island, FL, in a little beach town called Fernandina Beach. We are about 2 1/2 blocks from the beach. The water is warm, the rain is too, and there have been some great lightning storms. I already want to move here.

* This is a really big grasshopper the girls found on their walk to the beach. It got it's wings wet in the early morning rainfall. Elizabeth noticed it first and got all excited, Brianna caught it in her bucket and we took it to the beach where it tried really hard to stay away from the water. It wasn't until this evening that the daddy told them no more live critters in the house...they had taken it upstairs to their room.

I think we've killed about 5 baby frogs, not intentionally of course.

I did convince them to put back the hermit crabs we found in the tide pools before heading home.


8 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like a fantastic family vacation! :)

Wilcox Crew said...

Those are some amazing shots of your kids! I can't believe how big they are getting. Glad you are having a great time.

The land of Vegas said...

I love it. The background matches the pictures. Lizzie poo is getting to big and cutier (if that is possible. And HOLY COW on the shark teeth. That is cool.

The land of Vegas said...

Oh, yea. I forgot to say ...
MISS YOU!!!!!

Blissful & Domestic said...

oh my goodness it is just beautiful and your girls just make it more breathtaking. It looks like you guys are having so much fun!! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone having to much fun.

Enjoy every moment of it. I'm jealous!

Love,
Grandma Johnson

PS. Go easy of the froggies. They eat the mosquito's!

Laura Z said...

Photos are BEAUTIFUL! Can I come join you?
Love the critter stories as well.

Amber and Co. said...

What an amazing vacation with your family. I'm sure they will always remember it! I love the pictures of your kids. They are so beautiful! I hope you continue to have a great time.