26 March, 2009

The Potty Dance

Fair warning: this is a post about bathroom business...as the title indicates.

I have been very fortunate to have assistance in potty training all children thus far.
With every child, as it became "time" to train, my Fairy Potty Mom would magically be around to help. Not this time.

Elizabeth has been showing some interest in training in the ways of toiletry. So, I have decided to try it out by myself. **see the fear in my face**
I've read up on "how to potty train in three days or less,"
and think I may have what it takes. I have whisked her off to the bathroom first thing in the morning, sat and sang songs while she tries to do her business, and get excited after any amount of success. So far a pretty good start. I've even bought some bribery candy!

Tonight I realized, with great joy, that I am not alone in my quest. Her sisters came to announce that Elizabeth was "on the potty" and they were singing her songs to help her go. Although nothing came of that sitting, even with the temptation of candy(...for everyone!) later we had quite the 'doo'zy. When she came strolling out of the bathroom after going #2 on her own. Of course I had to clean her up, and then we "all" did the potty dance (this included Daddy and brother). She was so pleased with herself. As was I.

I know it is just the start, but I may be helping decreasing the amount of diapers in the landfills...in three days?!?

I don't think we want pictures with this post. :-) And, no, I haven't tried to let her go naked yet as the instructions suggest. It might just speed things up though...

3 comments:

Blayne and Aerin Yates said...

I'vw done the naked thing, I trained my son at 2 1/2 in three days before my #3 was born. I totally believe in it. Although, since your having such success I will just send my almost 2 year old to you and let you do it if you'd like. I am dreading it, she is a stubborn one!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! Grandma's proud of you! Good job Mom!

Love,
Grandma Johnson

Laura Z said...

Congrats on the success so far. Any decrease in diapers is a good thing for EVERYONE! :-)