14 March, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes

Joe, on the way to the sitter's house: "I'm so happy Mom and Dad are going on a 'date' tonight!"

Me, to myself, smiling: "Me too!"

Fast forward three hours later when I get a phone call on our way home from the sitter's house.

Sitter: "So, I thought I would tell you of what Joe said while you were gone."

Joe, to all the girls (her three and my three): "Yeah, Moms and Dads need to go on dates sometimes so they don't kill their kids."

Me, smiling: "Sooooo true!"

Thanks Stacey for watching my kids, so I don't kill them. You are a GREAT friend, if I haven't told you that lately. Let me know if I can return the favor sometime!! :-)

4 comments:

Laura Z said...

That's hysterical - and SO true all at the same time. I love the truths kids come up with!

highdeekay said...

Awesome wisdom!

Anonymous said...

Good for you two!

And be sure to remind them when they are teens that they are lucky they are still alive!

Love,
Grandma Johnson

Blissful & Domestic said...

that is awesome!