11 May, 2009

Summer in Spring

I don't know why every year I am surprised at how soon summer hits in Las Vegas. I've lived here for over 12 years (!) and each year it's the same (HOT early). I've already turned my A/C on, but not yet all day. We get super cranky, OK...I get super cranky, at our house when the heat shows up. This year I was able to hold out until the start of May, in most recent years I've been pregnant and really couldn't bare the temperature being over 75. Looking back, even in earlier years of living here, my cousin/room-mate called me "75 degree girl". What can I say, I am an Oregonian through and through.

One of the things I do look forward to in summer is playing at the water parks (not something they have a lot of in Oregon, you pretty much just go outside, on any given day, to the water falling from cloud shaped water fixtures). In Vegas, as summer progresses, we have to get there earlier and earlier to avoid the excessive heat. Last week we hit a water park nearby with some friends.

Oh, to be a little girl again! No cares in the world, heat doesn't bother you, and it is ok to run around in your bathing suit 1/2 the day.

Who am I kidding, I'd just like to be "little" again.

Did I mention another good thing about summer is: Ice cream tongues!

3 comments:

Morgan Family said...

Cute!! The picture of Brianna is a "Fiona pose." :) Such personalities on those Fisk girlies!

The land of Vegas said...

That ice-cream tongue is awesome. I love the new header and layout. Very Spring!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I am loving summer too. Kids make it fun and this is my first real summer in a few years. Washington doesn't really have a summer season...hey where do you get your cute digital scrapbook stuff