09 May, 2009

Shout out to all the moms I know!

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

Here is a poem I found that touched my heart. I often get caught up in the mundane every day business of life and need to be reminded that it is just that; busy stuff. I know, with all my heart, that family is one of the most important things in this world. That my part as a mother is crucial. When I think of ways I can impact the future (of this country or this world) I must remember how much influence I wield through just raising my children.

I am thankful to God for the opportunity to be a mom, to take part in His "Great Plan of Happiness", and to raise the children He has blessed me with. I, like the author of this poem, pray for the blessings of His grace and find myself realizing just how blessed I am already.

Hope you enjoy your
MySpace Graphics





3 comments:

Cristy said...

Love the poem! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

it made ME cry

mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Delvonna. I wish for you to a fun filled day. Lovely poem. You summed it up very well when you said "family is the most important thing in this world".

Have a great Mother's Day!

Ruby Johnson