21 January, 2009

New Nick names "WaaDo" and "WaaNa"

Herpangina: a painful mouth infection caused by coxsackieviruses, most common in children. Symptoms usually associated are high fever and sore throat.

Why do all the viruses have to sound so horrible?? I'm sure if I knew the Latin terms for things then it would all make more sense. This is not the same thing as the herpes virus the doctor told me.

Poor Brianna, "WaaNa," and Kaitlynn, "WaaDo," got this "horrible" virus and are currently on the mend. They had been very whiny over a few days and were both running a bit hot. I was enjoying the naps they were taking and kept the fevers down with a fever reducer but when the mouth sores showed up I decided we needed to go to the doctor. They were full in the Pediatric clinic for all walk-in calls, so we did the next best thing...we went to the ER (got to enjoy those military benefits, for a few more weeks anyway).

Three hours after getting there, we walked away with double doses of everything they prescribed. The doctor was very sweet and gentle with the girls. She kept telling them those sores look like they really hurt and that she was going to give them something that would make it feel better. I need to work on my compassion. Ofcourse they were going to be complaining about their teeth hurting. Once the sores showed up I felt badly for them. It was hard to eat. I was giving them Popsicles so their mouth would be numb for a bit while they tried to get something down. Then that was all they wanted. Now they have the doctor's permission to eat lots of Popsicles and ice-cream.

Webfetti.com



They are still not happy about the sores.

Neither am I!

5 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

Great CM pictures. ok that is worse than I thought. I was thinking canker sores in the month not EVERYWHERE. Pore things. So what is stopping Joe from getting it? The fact that he is at school most of the time? Oh, I can just imagine the pain. I'm so sorry.

Morgan Family said...

Poor girls!!! Give them love from their "Douglas" family!

Laura Z said...

Poor babies! So sorry - we'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers!

jen and brody said...

My little baby (husband) got his magic mouthwash for the same thing yesterday. No fun!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Hey this is Danielle Wagasky from church my e-mail is Paps4u@aol.com send me an e-mail and then I can invite you to see my blog. Yours is so cute and oh my goodness your poor girls how sad I hope they are feeling better.