02 November, 2008

Thanksgiving Day (a big deal at our house this year)!

Greg will be reporting to the Lackland AFB (Texas) for the Medical Board on the 21st of this month. Every thing is moving along slowly. I thought he would be reporting sooner than this, but as with most things in the military, it takes time. Now for the bad news, well not so bad as a little disappointing. He will be gone over a weekend (don't know why they would do this, it costs more for hotels and such). We are hoping he will get seen by Wednesday so he can get home for Thanksgiving dinner. They may have to fly him back to Las Vegas on the most traveled day of the year (probably pretty pricey too). I don't know why that bothers me, the military will pick up the tab on everything. Before he leaves the board will give their decision. At least we will know right away and not have to wait any longer for the decision (except for me, I'll have to wait for the phone call). Waiting is not fun for either of us. It wreaks havoc on our complexions.

He might also have a job interview in Elko, NV the week before. We still haven't been contacted with exact dates and times, just the possibilities. But, it would be good to have options before learning his fate with the military. We all feel better having back-up plans.

So, this Thanksgiving there may be much rejoicing and thanksgiving in the Porter house. Stay tuned (if waiting doesn't cause you complexion issues).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your Blog. Keep Bloging!

check this blog it is also awesome

http://optimalhealtharticles.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-day.html

Anonymous said...

well I saw one more blog during net surfing. its

http://optimalhealtharticles.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-day.html

Have a look

Porters said...

Thank you Stephanie. Drop by anytime.

Laura Z said...

Good luck with this! I know you'll be glad to at least KNOW!
And I know why it bugs you that they have him stay over a weekend and fly on the most expensive day of the year ($$$$) and not only because he may miss Thanksgiving - it drives me nutty when I see the government spending money on things that they could have saved money on!

Magnificent Myers said...

You have been most patient with all of this. I am sure you will be giving Thanks!