10 June, 2008

New life of leisure?

Schools out!! It is the end of one of the biggest daily tussles I've had since Joe started first grade back in August. He has a wonderful teacher! He'd much rather stay home and play all day with his sisters, he has often begged me to home school him. So, imagine the humor the last day of school when he was crying about school ending for the summer. I had to stifle back the laughter as tears ran down his face whenever we brought up summer break. The fact that he had to see his teacher and friends every day was a burden to him throughout the school year, but now that it was over, he wouldn't be able to see them every day. Kids!!

We started the summer break off at Chuck E Cheese with our good friends the Clement Family. Joseph didn't want to go there, he has a fear of the over sized rodent, but he soon found himself enjoying the place where "a kid can be a kid!" Joe has had this aversion to Chuck E. since our first visit. I thought I could find a picture of his earlier days where he'd go hide under a table all balled up if he caught sight of the mascot heading out to greet the children. If it was a fear of spiders or snakes I don't think I'd find so much humor in it. I understood it when he was three but now he's almost seven. Hope it doesn't affect him too long.

The girls decided to use their body as a canvas to produce what some might call a masterpiece, but what I call body graffiti and ordered a bath shortly after. Joseph has been wanting to use permanent makers in his artwork but often forgets to put things away. With regular ink the bath cleaned up the girls with no trouble. Joe doesn't quite understand the WHY when I refuse his request. Here's a picture of when Brianna found the permanent marker two years ago and gave herself a goatee she wore for a few days.














I can't wait to see what else the summer holds!!

2 comments:

Wilcox Crew said...

I love your blog. I had to laugh when I read this post, I can totally relate to the body graffiti:)

Jessica Nguyen said...

I find their artwork inspiring! so bold, so Avant-garde! It'll be the next new thing.